[Theora] libtheora-1.0alpha5 release
giles at xiph.org
Sat Aug 20 13:14:19 PDT 2005
I've made a new release of our libtheora reference implementation. This
draws a line under all the development since alpha 4 before we start
merging in the optimization work people have been doing. It also
contains a fix for two serious bugs (one an encoding error, one a
segfault) so we recommend everyone upgrade. The release is source and
binary compatible with 1.0 alpha 4.
Thanks to everyone whose work made this release possible!
As always, you can insert .eu, au, or us. in the url after 'downloads.'
to access a more local mirror.
Updated API documentation and spec:
Change summary: (libtheora-1.0alpha5 released 2005 August 20)
* Fixed bitrate management bugs that caused popping and encode
* Fixed a crash problem with the theora_state internals not
being intialized properly.
* new utility function:
* dump_video example now makes YUV4MPEG files by default, so
the results can be fed back to encoder_example and similar
tools. The old behavior is restored through the '-r' switch.
* ./configure now prints a summary
* simple unit test of the comment api under 'make check'
* misc code cleanup, warning and leak fixes
More information about the Theora