[Theora] ffmpeg2theora with mmx patches is available on konvalo.org

Ivan Popov pin at konvalo.org
Sat Apr 23 05:02:54 PDT 2005

> >  ... Unfortunately I'm sometimes
> > forced to use other machines where I don't have
> > permission to install the coda client. Is there a way
> > to get those cool theora software on a konvalo FTP pub
> > or something?

Pat,

I wrote earlier that it is hardly possible due to the way Konvalo.org
is built.

Still there is a workaround, may be worth to mention.

<offtopic>
If you can install Coda on some computer "near" those Coda-unfriendly
machines, and provided that you can get permission to NFS-mount /coda,
then it will work, kind of.

I am using that trick to occasionally access Konvalo.org software
on Linux hosts with 2.4 kernel which does not support current Coda.

On the Coda client == NFS server I am using unfs3
(/coda/konvalo.org/sw/pm/1/TOP/k/konf/V/0.3/L/1/TOP/S/linux-x86-elf/P/unfs3/ENTRY/unfsd)
with the following exports file:
/coda           XX.XX.0.0/255.255.0.0(ro,all_squash,removable,anonuid=65534,anongid=65534)
[The manpages can be found at
/coda/konvalo.org/sw/pm/1/TOP/u/unfs3/V/0.9.12/L/1/TOP/man]

The NFS clients mount that share on /coda readonly.
You will need of course superuser cooperation to accomplish that.
It is slow, it is bad, but
</offtopic>
the theora programs will run, at full speed.

My 2c,
--
Ivan