[Theora] firewire captured video

John Kintree jkintree at swbell.net
Tue Sep 21 19:23:00 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 10:01 am, Neil wrote:
> You would have been getting an exact copy on disc, but I suspect the
> software you used was degrading playback.

I think you're right.  When I play video-a1v7x352y240.ogg, some of the
artifacts I noticed in the firewire captured video.dv are no longer there.
The *.dv video is sharper, but the *.ogg video, at 1/16th the size, plays
more smoothly, doesn't break up when panning, and is maybe more pleasant to
watch.
Regards,
John