[Theora] kde theora encoder frontend

pat cito oggtheora at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 18:33:30 PST 2004

--- Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 05:14:04PM -0800, pat cito
> wrote:
>
> > By the way, may I ask when tagging a la vorbis
> will be
> > available for theora files? (or maybe it's already
> > there but I missed it) i just can't wait to add it
> > my app :)
>
> It's supported in the encoder api, so it would be
> easy
> to add switches to ffmpeg2theora for example.
> There's
> no after-the-fact tag editor like vorbiscomment yet.
>
> BTW, does KDE have a native media framework? How is
> theora supported there? Can generic apps use it for
> video playback and so on?
>
>  -r

KDE use arts http://www.arts-project.org/ (although
people want to change it) as a sound server and there
are xine and mplayer plugins for it so you can watch
theora video with every kde video player, the most
used are kaffeine, kmplayer, kplayer and codeine. My
personal favorite is kaffeine (xine), you can even
broadcast theora video to your friends with it
http://kaffeine.sourceforge.net/pics/broadcasting.jpg

Pat