[Theora] servers available _now_ .

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Mon Nov 8 09:57:39 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 06:47:00PM +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:

> I had a look at the servers that can stream Theora.

I know of two options currently. The 'kh' branch of icecast has supported
theora streaming for some time now. J has written a source client for it
as well. See http://ww.v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/examples.html for links
and instructions.

Also, fluendo's flumotion streaming source and server package supports
theora. http://www.fluendo.com/downloads.php

And of course, like with Ogg Vorbis, you can serve static files just
by putting them on a normal webserver, and then using either a playlist
to move between separate files, of concatentate the ogg files into
a single large one.

Those are the currently working options I'm familiar with.

HTH,
 -r