[theora] Bitstream freeze

Arc Riley arc at xiph.org
Mon Feb 9 13:00:38 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 03:53:50PM +0100, Maik Merten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I?m just curious: How far is Theora from a bitstream freeze?

Things have been in a lull for some time.  As I've seen it, there's
basically two things remaining:

* Ralph (rillian) needs to sort out the remaining suggested bitstream
changes and release a Alpha-3

* The bitstream spec, in the form of a python example decoder, needs to
be finished.  I've started on this, but it's going to take an overall
effort to complete as I'm just beginning to learn the codec myself.

After these two things are done, and provided that there are no more
nessesary changes to the bitstream, Beta (thus bitstream freeze) should
be just around the corner.  I'm personally predicting late spring'ish.