[Theora] trying to encode from dvd using mplayer

zikzak at tele2.fr zikzak at tele2.fr
Mon Dec 13 12:53:47 PST 2004

On 13 Dec 2004 13:33:21 +0100
David Kuehling <dvdkhlng at gmx.de> wrote:

>> Your tuning seems very interesting but I can not find ti.sharpness in
>> encoder_example.c.  Do I have to add it to the file ?
>
>Yes, AFAIR `ti' is initially set to all zeroes and `it.sharpness' just
>takes that default value.
>
>David
>--
>GnuPG public key: http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~dvdkhlng/dk.gpg
>Fingerprint: B17A DC95 D293 657B 4205  D016 7DEF 5323 C174 7D40

I added the ti.sharpness and the keyframe you mentioned before and I must say that it is a big help.
I have a much better image in the output file and I can increase the video quality option one more step (from 6 to 7 in my test).
Does the new keyframe value is saving bytes ?
My bitrate felt from around 700 to 500 with the modification of the encoder_example.c.

Thank you for those advices
--
ZikZak