[Theora] Concatenated streams

Shawn Riley roleypup at samford.net
Sat Dec 4 14:25:54 PST 2004

>> On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 11:08:35PM +0100, David Kuehling wrote:
>>>  > That's how I got around it.  Just use the unix "cat" command to
>>> join > the files..

>>> Works in theory, but I'm not sure how many players can cope with such files...?

So in this case, the Ogg demuxer will, on 3 occasions, get to the end of an Ogg stream without getting to the end of the physical data stream. I can think of  two possibilities.
1- Consider that it is the responsibility of the player (or frontend) to restart another Ogg demux session if it finds another Ogg header.
2- Consider that it is the responsibility of the Ogg demuxer to silently ignore all other data until it finds another Ogg header or comes to the end of the physical data stream.

Which is the most favorable?

- Shawn