[theora] questions questions questions

Markus Meyer meyer at mesw.de
Wed Aug 13 05:30:09 PDT 2003

Am Mit, 2003-08-13 um 14.03 schrieb Ulrich B. Staudinger:
> How much harddisk space theora will consume. I am in an applet
> environment - everything above 100k is too much.

On Windows (don't have figures for Linux yet):

libtheora - 170 kb
libogg - 27 kb

Depending on the features you use, the linker may not include everything
from these files. For example, the player example "splayer.exe" is 188
kb here, with libtheora/libvorbis/libogg statically linked.

Regarding the "applet environment": I hope you realize that theora is
programmed in C, not Java...