[theora] questions questions questions

Ulrich B. Staudinger us at die-horde.de
Wed Aug 13 04:28:53 PDT 2003

Hi Markus,

Yes, it helps a bit :)

>One feature is that an OGG stream can contain multiple codec streams
>(encoder/splayer e.g. use a theora stream for the images and a vorbis
>stream for the sound). But don't be fooled by the complexity, if you
>only want to transfer video, things will be a lot easier.
>
>Theora does not deal with how the data actually is transfered. The
>encoding process actually outputs more or less a stream of bytes, which
>can be fed into the decoding process. Once the decoder has read enough
>bytes so that a image (called "frame" in this context) can be formed, it
>will let you know, so you can draw the image to screen. I have no
>experience with proxies, but it should be straightforward to send theora
>data through a socket connection (or preferably UDP packets), possibly
>using some library which talks to the proxy.

Ok, just to make it clear, i don't need ogg vorbis unless i want to
stream audio as an ogg vorbis stream. Do you know how small i can make
compiled theora stuff? the source itself is some 100k big and i am not
in the mood right now to dive in to compile stuff....

Thanks, ulrich

--
Ulrich B. Staudinger
http://www.die-horde.de