[theora] Closed Captioning

Ralph Giles zen6669 at zen.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 10:20:20 PST 2002

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 05:13  pm, David Siebert wrote:

> In line 21 captioning there are two modes.
> pop up
> and
> roll up

Thanks for the detailed description. I've never seen any documentation
on the various cc formats. Is there a formal spec available somewhere?

Does the steno-english conversion explain the common homophone
substitution? I noticed that particularly in the corverage of the
sydney olympics. It made me think they were using speech recognition.

Mostly I've been thinking about the popup style. I'll have to think
about ways to do live transcription without abusing the format so much.
Another argument against xml, basically. Of course, you can always
accumulate lines before sending.

  -r