[theora-dev] Ogg Theora files player

Maciej Mączyński maciejm at sims.pl
Wed Apr 11 00:04:36 PDT 2012

Hello,

I try to compile player_example.c from http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/theora/libtheora-1.1.1.zip in Visual Studio 2008 on Windows XP.
I built and added to the project libogg-1.3.0, libtheora-1.1.1, libvorbis-1.3.2 (http://www.xiph.org/downloads/) and SDL-1.2.15 (http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-devel-1.2.15-VC.zip).
When I compile player_example.c Visual Studio shows:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/soundcard.h': No such file or directory
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/ioctl.h': No such file or directory

I found out that these files are part of Linux, not Windows. Are there equivalents of these files for Windows?
How can I change player_example.c, so that it compile on Windows?

Best regards,
Maciej Mączyński