[theora-dev] ptalarbvorm - presece on launchpad

j at v2v.cc j at v2v.cc
Sun Sep 19 09:06:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

> - prebuilded ptalarbvorm from firefodgg is broken on amd64. ppa provide
> working 64bit libtheora.
could you let me know how it fails. there was a bug in ptalarbvorm on
32bit compiles, did not check if that is fixed now. if that is still
around, you would be hit by that since the nightly builds are 32bit.

> - it work not only for encode but for decode too.
> - it work for gstreamer and other app using this libs.

if you just update libtheora, the version of ffmpeg2theora using the
shared lib should just use that. versions of ffmpeg2theora in
debian/ubuntu are outdated though since the version of libav* available
is to old. it would be possible to create a version of ffmpeg2theora
that builds its own version of libav* though, had that in my ppa for
some time but did not find the time to keep it up to date.

if you have a good setup for doing regular updates,
possibly we can have svn builds in
 https://launchpad.net/~theora/+archive/ppa

not sure its worth the trouble,