[theora-dev] Fwd: Theora developer question.

Alexey Fisher bug-track at fisher-privat.net
Sun Oct 10 10:38:59 PDT 2010

Hi Beorn,

1. replace "-v 7" to "--optimize --two-pass --soft-target -V 2000" you
will get about 200MB file size with no changes in quality.

2. try to use libtheora ptalarbvorm, it is in alpha state but has some
improvements. You can find comparison here:
http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/theora/demo9.html

if you use ubuntu 10.10 you can download precompiled libtheora and
ffmpeg2theora on my ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~bug-track/+archive/xiph

or just binary ffmpeg2theora here:
http://firefogg.org/nightly/