[theora-dev] idct8x8 C version in libtheora1.1 release

chandramouli narayanan nc.n.mouli at gmail.com
Tue May 18 15:37:53 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 2:58 PM, tterribe <tterribe at email.unc.edu> wrote:

> I downloaded a fresh copy of the 1.1.1 tarball from
> http://svn.xiph.org/releases/theora/libtheora-1.1.1.tar.bz2 on x86-32, ran
> ./configure --disable-asm and make, and used player_example to view
> http://serv2.internautas.tv/videos/ogg/20100518_1.ogg, and didn't see any
> garbling of the image. I also confirmed that it was, in fact, calling
> oc_idct8x8_c(), and checked that dump_video produces the correct md5sum for
> some of my personal test videos.
>
> The exact iDCT algorithm is thouroughly documented in Section 7.9.3 of the
> Theora specification: http://www.theora.org/doc/Theora.pdf

I'll test it with player_example. Theora build generates player_example.
When run, this gives an error as below. I have ALSA installed on the
machine. There is no file /dev/dsp. What do I need to get it going with
ALSA?

--------------- error when running with player_example
examples/player_example ~/Downloads/1696_lightnings.ogg
Ogg logical stream 58201d5f is Theora 640x480 23.98 fps 4:2:0 video
Encoded by Xiph.Org libTheora I 20060526 3 2 0
theora comment header:
    ENCODER=ffmpeg2theora 0.16
Ogg logical stream 528d0acb is Vorbis 2 channel 44100 Hz audio.
Could not open audio device /dev/dsp.
---------

- mouli