[theora-dev] Build warnings

Stuart Fisher stuart.fisher at fig7.com
Wed Mar 24 00:51:11 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I've recently decided to take a look at Theora for the first time. The 1.1.1 release compiles fine, but the compiler generates a fairly large number of warnings about "suggest parentheses around + or - inside shift". I've had a look at a few of these and sometimes it isn't obvious what is meant to happen. I guess the code is all correct though as I'm sure somebody would have done something about this before if it wasn't.

Maybe I'll just edit the code to put the parentheses in to keep the compiler quiet and then submit the changes to the SVN?

Regards,
Stuart