[theora-dev] Theora Data Dump?

Tony O'Bryan theoradev at tonyobryan.com
Sat Feb 20 09:37:16 PST 2010

I had posted this in the Theora mailing list, but that the wrong place to ask
this question.  So I'm reposting here.

Has anyone posted a data structure dump of one of the sample Theora files for
use in verifying a new decoder?  For example,  the loop filter limits I've
decoded for the 320x240.ogg example file are:

Loop Filter Limits (5 bits per limit)

00: 1E 19 14 14 0F 0F 0E 0E
08: 0D 0D 0C 0C 0B 0B 0A 0A
16: 09 09 08 08 07 07 07 07
24: 06 06 06 06 05 05 05 05
32: 04 04 04 04 03 03 03 03
40: 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02
48: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
56: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I've since been able to verify these (and other) values through the dump-video
sample program by printing out the contents of its internal data structures at
run-time, but it would be nice to have a more accessible reference to validate
the operation of my decoder.

I have some questions about reading the quantization parameters and generating
the matrices that I haven't been able to answer via the dump-video program, so
having all the run-time data structures available for comparison would be a
great help.