[theora-dev] Request for input on the preparation of a subjective video quality comparative study

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:35:14 PDT 2009

We did a similar, but very subjective test like this for the LiVES
project a couple of years ago. It would interesting to see if your
results correlate with our findings.

We are particularly interested in comparing free codecs against
proprietary ones.

I would suggest at least the following codecs for video:

- theora
- h264
- dirac
- snow
- wmv
- xvid

and for audio:

- vorbis
- mp3
- aac

if you are interested in the container formats, I would suggest:

- avi
- ogg
- matroska
- nut