[theora-dev] pre 1.0 API issues.

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Thu Nov 19 09:51:49 PST 2009

Le mercredi 18 novembre 2009 21:05:31, Timothy B. Terriberry a écrit :
> Romain Beauxis wrote:
> > We are using the pre-1.0 API and we are now considering switching to this
> > API  for the binding. However, since the pre-1.0 API is still supposed to
> > be supported, I though this would be interesting to report this issue
> > here.
>
> Yes. It is supposed to work, and so I'd like to know why it doesn't.

Ok.

> > I can provide more informations if needed...
>
> Do you have a link to the source code for both the binding and the
> encoding application?

Yes, you can find the binding code there:
  http://savonet.rastageeks.org/browser/trunk/ocaml-theora/src?rev=7022
In particular, the C code is there:
  http://savonet.rastageeks.org/browser/trunk/ocaml-theora/src/theora_stubs.c?rev=7022

The encoding application can be found there:
  http://savonet.rastageeks.org/browser/trunk/liquidsoap/src?rev=7022
And the code to encode theora data is there:
  http://savonet.rastageeks.org/browser/trunk/liquidsoap/src/ogg_formats/theora_encoder.ml?rev=7022

Since the transcoding example in the binding works well, I am suspecting some
sort of issue in the encoding parameters...

I can also provide a video sample if you need.

Additionally, I have prepared a patch to update the binding to use the 1.1 API, and the video
encoding is correct when it is applied. (Furthermore, the quality and smoothness when streaming
seem to have improved a lot !).

Romain