[theora-dev] ffmpeg2theora 0.24 released

j at v2v.cc j at v2v.cc
Mon Mar 16 10:52:30 PDT 2009

Remco wrote:
> 2009/3/16 Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com>:
>> Just a quick note to add that j just released another experimental
>> thusnelda build of the tool[1].
>
> How do I make such a build for Linux x86-64? I'm guessing that the
> provided Linux binary is not a thusnelda build.

install build environment i.e. on debian/ubuntu:
apt-get install svn scons automake autoconf libtool pkg-config
apt-get install libvorbis-dev

download and install thusnelda:
svn co https://svn.xiph.org/branches/theora-thusnelda
cd theora-thusnelda && ./autogen.sh && make && sudo make install

download and build ffmpeg2theora:
svn co https://svn.xiph.org/trunk/ffmpeg2theora
cd ffmpeg2theora && ./get_ffmpeg_svn.sh && scons && sudo scons install
hash -r

now /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg2theora should use thusnelda