[theora-dev] Suggestions for Theora

Ryan smith ryan14 at mail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:20:44 PDT 2009

Hi, I have some suggestions for Theora:1) Theora should have a feature
like adobe flash does that enables direct end user to end user peering
which decreases a server's bandwidth usage and cost. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time_Media_Flow_Protocol

Theora should go one step further and support file sharing.

2) Theora should have a plugin for the safari web browser that runs on
the Apple iPhone/iPhone3G/iPhone3GS and the iPod Touch 1st and 2nd
generation. The operating systems on all of these are the same and I
think it's a type of Mac O/S.

3) Theora should have a feature that disables print screen and video
recording software from capturing Theora videos. Alot of webmasters have
their videos stolen by people using printscreen and video capture
software, so Theora should have a feature where when a person pushes the
Printscreen key on their keyboard, and pastes the image, the image will
just be a white blank box. When a person uses a video capture software
and tries to record a video playing in the Theora player, it will just be
a blank white box. Everything else on the screen be will captured, except
the Theora player. This will solve alot of copyright problems webmasters
have with their videos.

4) Theora should have a feature where when a user plays a video using the
Theora player, the video will be compressed so the file size is smaller
and it will be faster to load. The quality of the video should remain the
same. For example, some 2 hour 16:9 Widescreen High definition 1080p
videos are 4Gigabytes in size, so Theora should compress this 4GB
video into 100MB without losing any quality.

5) Theora should be integrated into the next version of Internet Explorer
for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7.

Can someone pass my suggestions onto the Theora developers?

Thanks

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses