[theora-dev] Theora packets with granulepos of -1

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Mon Feb 16 12:09:19 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 5:18 AM, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
<ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> And not to forget: This important issue is nowhere mentioned (as far as I
>> kow) especially when it comes to seeking. Why is there no addendum to the
>> Theora specs to discuss the issue of -1 packets if used in the ogg
>> container? I think this is quite important. There is even a chapter about
>> Theora in ogg container.
>
> Most seeking is done on pages.

To elaborate, this isn't in the theora spec because it's an
implementation 'detail'. There should be something in the libogg
documentation though. Patches welcome. It's confusing because the
libraries use the same field name in different structures for
convenience, but they actually represent different conceptual levels
of the transmission stack.