[theora-dev] Wikipedia article

Remco remco47 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 11:26:35 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Jonathan Harker<jon at jon.geek.nz> wrote:
> Please let me know if I've missed out some juicy details, or got
> anything wrong, or whatever (or feel free to wade in yourselves!)

"As the only mature royalty free video codec (as of July 2009)"

This doesn't seem right to me. Isn't MPEG 1 video also royalty free?

In the "Playback Performance" section, it is said that there are no
mainstream hardware decoders for Theora. I'd like to see a mention of
a non-mainstream hardware decoder.

Are there really only two video editors capable of editing Theora?

Remco