[theora-dev] trouble building universal binaries on libtheora-1.1alpha1 without performance loss

Nils Pipenbrinck n.pipenbrinck at cubic.org
Thu Apr 30 12:52:30 PDT 2009

Bill Cholewka wrote:

> If I add --disable-asm as a config option, it gets me past this problem, but presumably at the cost of lost performance.
>
> Is there a way to configure for universal binaries without using --disable-asm?
>
> Thanks for your help.

True- There is afaik no asm or intrinsic code for ppc. You get the
reference c-code, and this code is written for clarity, not performance
(a very valid choice for a reference implementation).

Kudos for getting the code to cross-compile at the first place. I had
lots of problems to do this.

Cheers,
  Nils