[theora-dev] Theora (and ogg) on iPhone

Maik Merten maikmerten at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 16 22:58:04 PDT 2008

 From what I know no "port" in the usual sense has to be done, if the
iPhone SDK includes a C compiler (and I would think it does) the decoder
should just plain work (although performance should benefit from using
some iPhone DSP).

However, the closed nature of how software is distributed on the iPhone
(App Store), the environment in which software has to be written (I
think the SDK is only available for XCode, by I may be wrong) and the
fees that have to be paid make the iPhone rather unattractive for open
source developers.

Maik