[theora-dev] variable frame rate for Theora

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 14 01:43:47 PST 2008

> think mplayer and vlc have kate support. Try giving that a shot maybe.

VLC only out of the box, and then only simple streams (text plus a
SPU like background bitmap).

I have a presubmitted a patch to VLC for rendering any stream, but it's
not applied yet. I have a patch for MPlayer, but MPlayer didn't want it.

Depending on whether you want others to play out of the box, I also
have patches to GStreamer (full rendering) and xine (hacked in), but
those are not applied either.

Do you might experience difficulties using Kate at the moment.
Time will fix it.