[theora-dev] further debugging of my ogg/theora decoder

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:31:22 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:10 AM, salsaman <salsaman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
>
>> On 10-Nov-08, at 11:30 PM, salsaman wrote:
>>
>>  get page at 1773554
>>> got packet
>>> frame++, skip is 0
>>> frame decoded
>>> page processed, kframe=444 : offs=444
>>>

>> Why doesn't offs reset to zero here?
>>
>>  -r
>>

> My mistake - it actually outputs the frame number rather than the offset.
> Subtract kframe from offs to get the real offset.
>
> Gabriel.

Now I am not so sure this has anything to do with the audio packets
(although that may be a problem too).

What I am seeing in another file is, for example:

first set of pages decodes to 5 frames (last granulepos is 1,5)

- decoding in sequence without returning anything results in 5 packets being
decoded - good

- decoding in sequence, returning a frame each time and then re-entering the
plugin to get the next frame results in only 3 packets being decoded

I don't understand this at all, because after returning the processing
continues where it left off, with ogg_stream_packetout(), using the same
stream data...

Gabriel.