[theora-dev] further debugging of my ogg/theora decoder

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:30:42 PST 2008

Hi,
I am continuing to try to debug my ogg/theora decoder.

The issue seems to be that not enough packets are being pulled from the
bitstream, here is some sample output from my player with some debugging
comments put in:

(playback began at first frame, this is from the middle of the clip)

get page at 1765027
got packet
frame++, skip is 0
frame decoded
page processed, kframe=414 : offs=442

get page at 1769218
got packet
frame++, skip is 0
frame decoded
page processed, kframe=414 : offs=443

get page at 1773554
got packet
frame++, skip is 0
frame decoded
page processed, kframe=444 : offs=444

get page at 1777860
page processed, kframe=444 : offs=444
get page at 1782239
get page at 1786470
got packet
frame++, skip is 0
frame decoded
page processed, kframe=444 : offs=446

Here we can see that two pages are read in and passed into the stream, but
only one packet is read (instead of two as the frame count would suggest).
However, the sequence of these mesages indicates that the first packet has a
non-video serial number (probably for the audio stream).

In other words, it seems like somebody is mixing audio and video in the same
page, but the page is being ignored as the serialnumber does not match.

Anybody care to comment on this ? Again this is with the "experience ubuntu"
video:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Experience_ubuntu.ogg

Regards,
Gabriel.