[theora-dev] For or Against

John Kintree jkintree at swbell.net
Thu Mar 20 15:03:43 PDT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 01:01 pm, Ralph Giles wrote:
> Lovely manifesto, but what does this have to do with free video codec
> development?

Based on my experience with theora, 300 MB is a realistic
amount of storage for an hour's worth of decent quality
video.  I used that value to calculate the hard drive capacity
that could store the video record of a worldwide referendum.
The rest of the message was just context.

Sorry for distracting you from your more important work
of developing theora.  I deeply appreciate what you are doing.
vanguard,
John Kintree
4043 Delor Street
St. Louis, MO  63116