[theora-dev] How to add new src file into the theora

janaka priyadarshana rpjanaka at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 01:05:28 PST 2008

now i can generate a make file for a newly added source files which is
located in a separate directory.

then my problem is how to call its function with in the existing theora
source,

there is a function " calc_available_bandwidth(char * dst_adrs)" in newly
aded source file which is located in a new directory. its function signature
is written in the "common.h" header file in the same directory.

i wanna call this function with in the encoder_example.c , so i called this
function in the main method of the encoder_example.c and include the header
file(common.h) in the encoder_example.c

and i changed the Makefile.am <http://makefile.am/> in example directory as
follow.

EXTRA_encoder_example_SOURCES = getopt.c getopt1.c getopt.h ../net/common.h
../net/client.c

where common.h include the signature of the function and client.c include
the implementation of the function.

but when run the make file , it gave an error as follow

encoder_example123-encoder_example.o: In function `main':
encoder_example.c:(.text+0xc64): undefined reference to
`calc_available_bandwidth'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [encoder_example123] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/group10/student/project/theora_net_embeded/libtheora-1.0beta2
/examples'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/group10/student/project/theora_net_embeded/libtheora- 1.0beta2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

please can anyone help me to solve this problem