[theora-dev] Next beta?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Jan 10 10:39:55 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 05:55:45AM -0800, Andrew Chew wrote:

> Any estimate on when the next beta will be released?  I'd like to
> incorporate Nils' VC2005 work into my project and try to help shake out
> any bugs there.

Please do!

So the current plan is to release another beta, and then 1.0 from the
current trunk. The encoder improvements Monty has been doing on the
theora-thusnelda branch will be merged to trunk after 1.0, to become
1.1.

I hope to get beta 3 out in the next two weeks, but there are a
number of outstanding bugs. There may well be another beta after that
after we get more review on the new api.