[theora-dev] Is it possible to debug theora

janaka priyadarshana rpjanaka at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 03:04:15 PDT 2007

i got the problem. but it will lead to an another problem.

the executable file in in the "/libtheora-1.0alpha7/examples/.libs"
directory

so after cd to that directory it could initiate the debug
to specify the executable file "file lt-encoder_example"

but still i can not specify a break point.

when i randomly set a break point (break 10), it will gives the following
mesage.
No line 10 in file " init.c"

but still i was unable to find the init.c file

then i tried for setting a break point to the main
"break main"
then it is ok. ( Breakpoint 1 at 0x8049fd0 )

then start it with  "run -v 1 -a 0 ../stream.yuv > theora.ogv"

then tried for "next"

but it will leads to a problem that i can not understand

"
Single stepping until exit from function main,
which has no line number information.
0x080490c4 in getopt_long at plt ()
"

can you please anyone help me to solve this problem

--
Regards,