[theora-dev] Theora-tools: Theoracomment

Daniel Kraft d at domob.eu
Sun May 20 03:27:02 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I've attached a SVN diff for theora-tools, adding a simple
"theoracomment" utility; it is intended to be the counterpart of
vorbiscomment for theora/vorbis-ogg-files.  It shares vorbiscomment's
usage/features (and the frontend-code).

While the main functionality is already there, there are still some
restrictions:
* No support for chained streams
* It simply uses the first Theora-stream it encounters, so you can't
comment an arbitrary one or an audio-stream
* I18n is only there as "stubs"
* You have to use the raw-flag, utf8 is still missing

And some other things still needed:
* man-page
* correct usage/version output
* Header-comments for the correct license

Concerning the license, I suppose it will be at best BSD as the other
theora-tools, but then we would need a relicense of vorbiscomment which
is currently GPL.

I'd be glad to hear your comments to my code, although it worked for me
in some tests (including really large comment-headers to see if
re-pagination and the like works), it was my first attempt on using
ogg/theora, so it was a bit like trial-and-error development...

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Got two Dear-Daniel-Instant Messages