[theora-dev] MMX patch to speed up Theora decoding

j at thing.net j at thing.net
Mon Mar 26 02:13:57 PDT 2007

Hi,

great news. a faster theora decoder is always welcome.

> An --enable-mmx option is added to configure (you need to run
> autogen.sh to enable it after patch). Compile time switch is used
> instead of a runtime one because it seems easier to me :)
why another check and condition, USE_ASM should be the one used
and runtime detection of mmx code is the only sensible way.

right now it does not compile on Mac OS X:

ld: .libs/libtheora_la-dct_decode.o has external relocation entries
in non-writable section (__TEXT,__text) for symbols:
V804
V3

ld: .libs/libtheora_la-idct.o has external relocation entries in non-
writable section (__TEXT,__text) for symbols:
idctconstants

does it work on 64bit?