[theora-dev] Compiling src

janaka priyadarshana rpjanaka at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 03:22:10 PDT 2007

the following is the error message that i got on the ./configure the ogg src
code..

config.status: creating include/Makefile
config.status: creating include/ogg/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: include/ogg/config_types.h.in

i was unable to find such a file with in the ogg library
do i need to copy any file or do any changes

On 6/28/07, Silvia Pfeiffer <silvia at annodex.net> wrote:

> Can you hop on irc , host freenode.net, channel #theora? It is very
> hard to give instant support through email.
>
> Anyway, what you have to do is:
> 1. get the source code for ogg and compile it: configure; make; make
> install
> 2. get the source code for vorbis and compile it: configure; make; make
> install
> 2. get the source code for theora and compile it: configure; make; make
> install
>
> Then you should be up and running with a theora encoder and decoder.
>
> Cheers,
> Silvia.
>
> On 6/28/07, janaka priyadarshana <rpjanaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> > but i could not find a way to do this, pls can u help me to compile the
> src
> > code...?
> > are there any complete description about how to do this.? i checked the
> > readme file, FAQs in the theora site, but unable to find a way
> >
> > this is the way i did it
> >
> > i kept the ogg source code in the theora src folder and run the
> > configuration file
> > ./configure
> >
> > then i got this error message.
> >

> > checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> > checking for ogg >= 1.1... checking for Ogg... no
> > *** Could not run Ogg test program, checking why...
> > *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.logfor
> > the
> > *** exact error that occured. This usually means Ogg was incorrectly
> > installed
> > *** or that you have moved Ogg since it was installed.
> > configure: error:
> >     libogg is required to build this package!
> >     please see http://www.xiph.org/ for how to
> >     obtain a copy.

> source
> > codes