[theora-dev] Compiling src

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Jun 28 18:53:36 PDT 2007

Hi,

ogg and theora are separate libraries. You should build the in
separate directories. First build and install ogg, then build (and
install) theora.

You haven't mentioned what operating system or development environment
you are using, but assuming you are on a system like Linux or Mac OS
X, (as you are using ./configure) it doesn't matter where these build
directories are, and the default install locations are fine. The
operating system knows where to find libraries, but you have to
install them first.

cheers,

Conrad.