[theora-dev] Can use theora in mobile applications

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Jun 26 01:15:15 PDT 2007

On 26/06/07, janaka priyadarshana <rpjanaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> please can anyone help me to know that wheather it is possible to use the
> Theora codec for a mobile phone application.
> here i want to know that with the capacity constrain of mobile phone, is
> this possible..?
>
> if it is not, are there any mobile version of Theora.

Yes, libtheora has been used on mobile phones. There is no special
mobile version of libtheora, though you would probably want to disable
the encoding part, and use the integer vorbis decoder (tremor) for
audio, or speex audio (depending on the application).

What kind of mobile phone do you plan to use it on? The framerate and
resolution you can get depends on what kind of phone you are talking
about.

cheers,

Conrad.