[theora-dev] webplayer for .ogg like for .divx

Shane Stephens shane.stephens at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:24:49 PDT 2007

Hi Ben,

The Annodex project (www.annodex.net) is currently developing a
cross-platform ogg and annodex media web plugin, for firefox on Windows,
Linux and Macintosh platforms.  Our target is to release version 1.0 at the
end of June, so the plugin is starting to become quite stable.

If you want to play around with the current development version, we maintain
the plugin code at:
    http://svn.annodex.net/liboggplay/trunk

Because the plugin (and liboggplay, the library upon which it depends) are
in active development, there are still a reasonable number of dependencies
to install first.  If you are on a debian or ubuntu system, I can recommend
Conrad Parker's build script to get these sorted out hassle-free:
    http://snapper.kfish.org/~conrad/tmp/Makefile.oggplay-autobuild

We also maintain a community of developers at #annodex and #theora on
irc.freenode.net if you want to come and chat about the project!

Cheers,
    -Shane Stephens