[theora-dev] example encoder improvement

mike at wazee.org mike at wazee.org
Wed Jul 25 08:44:21 PDT 2007

I apologize if the list has received this message twice, the first
time I wrote it I neglected to subscribe, but never saw it come up in
the archives.

I have improved encoder_example.c so that it can read both PCM and YUV
data from MPlayer via named pipes. Previously it was necessary to
write at least one of these decompressed streams to disk as the fifo
buffers would fill otherwize. This also allows for encoding to run
simultaneously with decoding (mplayer playback).

I'm not sure how portable my code would be, but it works for me under
Linux. I know from google searching however that a number of people
have experienced the problem I've fixed. How should I go about
distributing my improved version?

Mike