[theora-dev] Producing oggs with XiphQT - testers needed!

Luis Gonzalez ghempresa at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 11:40:40 PST 2007

>Dear all,
>
>As the next version of XiphQT is mostly ready, I thought it could use
>some more wide pre-release testing.
>
>The major change since last release is the addition of Ogg exporter
>and Vorbis and Theora encoders. Any feedback on how this new
>functionality performs (or doesn't!) with audio/video
>editing/producing software will really help. Also, comments and
>suggestions on the work of muxer, encoders' configurability, naming or
>any other missing feature will help and will be much appreciated.
>
>There are built binaries available on: http://people.xiph.org/~arek/
>Building from sources hopefully should be more straightforward now
>(compared to previous versions), as well. It should build and work on
>Macs, win32 version is not ready yet.
>
>Regards,
>Arek

I try it on MacOSX 10.4.8 , it works well at the moment.

Only one suggestion , in video settings i think there is needed an advanced
settings for set video bitrate for encoding like in audio settings is done.

My idea is this :

In Video Settings

Basic Mode : Video Quality [least - best]
Advanced Mode : Video Bitrate [] kbps

For the rest the plugin works well , although the encoding speed is slow but
this is a problem of the Theora library.

Thanks for your work Arek.