[theora-dev] optimization for OLPC

Chih-Chung Chang jochang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 06:41:46 PST 2007

I downloaded 1.0alpha7 and theora-exp.
It seems theora-exp decodes faster on large resolutions.
But I found the output of the two decoders do not always match:

$ ./libtheora-1.0alpha7.orig/examples/dump_video pixel_aspect_ratio.ogg  > aa
$ ./theora-exp/examples/dump_video pixel_aspect_ratio.ogg > bb
$ cmp aa bb
aa bb differ: char 2129025, line 25

Is it a bug or expected?
[The file pixel_aspect_ratio.ogg is from
http://www.v2v.cc/~j/theora_testsuite/ :) ]

AFAIK the FPGA on OLPC is only temporarily before some ASIC is done.
OLPC has a camera on it, do you think it's possible to use Theora on
320x240 at 15fps for real-time encoding/decoding?

Thanks,
Chih-Chung Chang