[theora-dev] Producing oggs with XiphQT - testers needed!

Arek Korbik arkadini at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 12:03:27 PST 2007

On 1/31/07, Luis Gonzalez <ghempresa at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I try it on MacOSX 10.4.8 , it works well at the moment.

Great!

What about the 'Limit data rate to _____' field?

> My idea is this :
>
> In Video Settings
>
> Basic Mode : Video Quality [least - best]
> Advanced Mode : Video Bitrate [] kbps

It's a standard video compression settings dialog, and it's several
QuickTime-generations older than the audio dialog - a programmer has
fairly limited control over its contents. Some Apple video components
use a newer video settings dialog, which I think is more suited to
modern codecs, but it's not documented/available. I agree with the
suggestion and will keep it in mind if there's a chance to change
something.

> For the rest the plugin works well , although the encoding speed is slow but
> this is a problem of the Theora library.

Once exporting/encoding is more tested I'll probably switch to
building with optimizations for Intel processors. I guess there might
be some space for improvements in XiphQT itself, as well.

Thanks,
Arek