[theora-dev] can not encode a raw video file with "encoder_example"

janaka priyadarshana rpjanaka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 04:13:15 PDT 2007

hi all,

i tried to encode a .yuv file with the encoder_example.c
but it give an error message as follows

 ./encoder_example -v 1 file_1.yuv > file_1.ogg

Input file file_1.yuv is neither a WAV nor YUV4MPEG2 file.

so the error message is understandable for anyone.

when this file is play with mplayer it shows as follow

Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 176 x 144 (preferred colorspace: Planar I420)
VDec: using Planar I420 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 176x144 => 176x144 Planar I420
Selected video codec: [rawi420] vfm: raw (RAW I420)

but i want to know that weather it is possible to encode this file with the
"encoder_example".

if it is possible please help me to do this..

thank you