[theora-dev] Header files

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Apr 5 09:11:23 PDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 04:33:14PM +0530, mahanthesha.kestur at wipro.com wrote:

> Please could give me a hints how to get below header files, these are
> not available in my system.
> Am running player_example.c which is given in theora dump. Getting error
> that below files can't open. I checked in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Visual Studio\VC98\Include" and these are not present.

This program doesn't really run on Windows. I'd suggest trying
http://svn.annodex.net/liboggplay/ instead.

> #include <unistd.h>

msdn suggests this will work if you first
#define _ALL_SOURCE 1

> #include <sys/soundcard.h>
> #include <sys/ioctl.h>

These are *nix specfic, for accessing the sound device. You'll have
to remove them and the associated calls for the player to work.

> #include <SDL.h>

This is a free cross-platform display library. You can get a copy from
libsdl.org.

Hope that helps,