[Theora-dev] non-threaded Ogg/Vorbis/Theora player implementation(java)

Maik Merten maikmerten at gmx.net
Sat Oct 21 10:22:51 PDT 2006

Hi,

I don't know of any h263 implementations in Java. They may exist without
me knowning, though.

If you can stream something different than h263 you may want to look
into the "Cortado" streaming applet from Fluendo. That one features an
Ogg Theora decoder written in Java (not Micro Edition, though). You may
be able to adapt that for your needs, though.

http://www.fluendo.com/products.php?product=applet
http://www.flumotion.com/en/textos.php?id=8

Ogg Theora may be suitable for your needs as Theora doesn't need
floating point numbers (which cell phones etc. use to be sloooooow with)
and is integer-only.

Maik