[Theora-dev] FW: libtheora in WinCE or PocketPC?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed May 17 08:10:16 PDT 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 01:18:50PM +0200, Thomas Kuglitsch wrote:

> > 	Has anyone ported 'libtheora' to WinCE or PocketPC 2003?

Probably, but I don't really remember.

> > I seem to recall seeing a Linux ARM port, but I haven't been able to
> confirm
> > that, either.  I see there's a "__arm__" compile-time switch in
> > "SDL_byteorder.h", but that's the only mention I see.

I'm not aware of any arm-specific optimization for libtheora. The
autotools build includes a --disable-encode --disable-float config
for embedded use; to do the equivalent in a different build
system, define the preprocessor symbols THEORA_DISABLE_ENCODE
and THEORA_DISABLE_FLOAT and make the appropriate substitutions in the
source file list based on the same conditional in lib/Makefile.am.

> > PS: I've been using 'libtheora' for several months now and it's been solid
> > as a rock.  Thanks a million!

Glad you like it. You might also take a look at the theora-exp decoder
library at http://svn.xiph.org/experimental/derf/theora-exp/ It has
some algorithmic speedups over the implementation in libtheora.

Hope that helps,