[Theora-dev] patch to build theora-mmx on AMD64

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at vt.edu
Wed May 10 10:14:07 PDT 2006

Ralph Giles wrote:
> So 'unsigned __int64' doesn't work on msvc 6?

Well, most things work, but a few select things do not, like casting to
doubles as I mentioned before, which is precisely the sort of thing
you'd do when converting granule position to time for display, etc.
(fortuntely granule positions are signed). I'm not sure how many other
basic C operations were simply left unimplemented for unsigned __int64.
You can certainly define the type and use it for most things, but you
have to be careful if you want it to work on older system.s