[Theora-dev] Dropped / Duplicate Frames

Philip Heron phil at firestorm.cx
Sat Mar 11 17:56:30 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 19:17 -0800, Ralph Giles wrote:
> So, if you want to keep the pages around, you have to write a
> my_ogg_page_copy() routine to allocate new storage and copy
> the header and body data into it.

Thanks for the description, that's help a lot. I've now got it saving
valid Ogg files from the live stream.

Now, is there a handy way of forcing a keyframe to be the first packet
in a page? Since I'm caching at the page level the created files tend to
start on an intra-frame. Makes for a nice green mess at the start :)

Oddly enough I've noticed that Icecast (at least the version I have)
doesn't seem to handle this either.

> Or you could help beta test libogg2 which passes you a refcounted
> handle instead. :)

That would be handy! I've not seem anything on libogg2, would using it
require much work?

-Phil