[Theora-dev] theora alpha 6 and MMX optimizations

Fabio fabio.ped at libero.it
Thu Jun 1 06:11:59 PDT 2006

Hi,
I have tried the latest SVN version (as of now) of ffmpeg2theora and libtheora. Seems to me that the MMX optimizations are not enabled: my binary is about 50% slower than the original binary ffmpeg2theora-0.16 found at http://www.v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/ and my binary built with the old theora-mmx, and is slower as the pre-alpha6 theora.
However the optimizations are enabled in the configure:
  libtheora 1.0alpha7-svn:  Automatic configuration OK.

  General configuration:

    Encoding support: ........... yes
    Floating point support: ..... yes
    Assembly optimization: ...... 32 bit x86

Am I missing something or is it correct that current MMX enabled theora is much slower than the old theora-mmx?

Fabio