[theora-dev] FFmpeg's libavcoded

Paul Richards paul.richards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 08:54:17 PST 2006

Hi,
I am letting myself known incase someone is interested in this or
already has ideas on the subject.

I would like to add Theora encoding to ffmpeg's libavcodec library.
My goal is to add vorbis / theora / ogm output to Handbrake.  Doing
this at the libavcodec level appears to make the most sense as it
would benefit more people.

I have already made a small start.  I have the configure & build
scripts for ffmpeg using the correct libraries etc.  I am now simply
browsing through the various API docs (for both libavcodec and
libtheora) to attempt my wiring.

Any tips, suggestions, or sources of documentation would be welcome. :)

thanks,

--
Paul Richards